Global Positioning Systems, better known by their acronym GPS, have become a great help for many, because thanks to their ability to connect with different satellites and the variety of maps they have installed, they can indicate directions and tell you, in addition, the location of people and objects. Portable GPS can be taken anywhere, they have a battery that allows them to work without being connected to any power source.
1. Garmin Gps De Mano Etrex 20X
For users who travel new paths and need the exact location in their hands, artifacts like this one are developed. It is another version of the Garmin brand, which reaches the market with an improved screen resolution and an expanded internal memory, so you can save a greater number of maps.
Its 2.2-inch, 65,000-color screen can be read in sunlight. In addition, it is waterproof, designed to withstand harsh weather conditions, and offers resistance to elements such as dust, dirt, or moisture. Thanks to its improved interface, this GPS will be easier to use than other models.
It also has a wide range of compatible mounts, so you can use this GPS on ATVs, bikes, and boats, or simply use it as your personal navigator in the car, receiving turn-by-turn driving directions.
Reading Suggestions: The Best Portable Air Conditioners
As if that were not enough, the Garmin 010-01508-05 GPS supports geocaching GPX files to store all the information you need, from location, terrain, difficulty, and suggestions, to route descriptions.
- Agility: It has a receiver capable of finding GPS and GLONASS satellites at the same time. GLONASS is a system created by the Russian Federation and using it, the receiver fixes the position much faster compared to the GPS system.
- Variety of maps: You can load a variety of maps that will make you feel safer during the tour, thanks to the microSD card slot that allows you to expand its internal memory of 1.7 GB. Plus, you can plug in pre-installed BlueChart g2 cards to spend your day on the water or download satellite imagery to the device for use with BirdsEye maps.
- Accuracy: The GPS receiver integrates the WAAS system, which has very good sensitivity and satellite prediction capacity, locating your position very precisely, even in thick forests or deep canyons.
- Manual: Although it has a good user interface, some people have reported that the printed manual that comes with the device does not have enough information on use, so they recommend the digital version that is available on the internet.
2. Winterworm Al Aire Libre Mini Handheld Portable
If you are looking for a cheap portable GPS on the market, we present this Winterworm Mini Handheld model, which has a fairly affordable price so you can buy this type of gadget.
Thanks to the technology with which this mini GPS is developed, up to 16 destination points can be established, providing information on the longitude, latitude, and altitude of the place where you are, as well as a digital clock.
Additionally, this model is suitable for helping people locate where they are, and where they are going, and stores information about the places they have been, which is very useful for hikers, hikers, campers, skiers, and mountain climbers. In addition, it has a function that records the distance and mileage traveled.
On the other hand, it is opportune to point out that the minimalist design of this device is appropriate to carry with you, since with its compact shape you can use it as a keychain, a watch or you can place it in your bag; so that you can be located in the space at any time.
In this context, we are talking about a quite efficient portable GPS in terms of location in the spatial plane, being one of the cheapest you could get:
- Light: Another aspect that stands out about this model is that it is quite light since it has a low weight of 100 grams, which makes it easy to transport.
- Rechargeable: This model incorporates a 390 mAh lithium battery, 3.7 volts, which is rechargeable through a USB cable.
- Duration: The battery offers an operating time between 8 and 12 hours in active mode, as well as in standby mode between 48 and 60 hours.
- Color: This model is only designed in green color, which is probably not to the liking of some users.
Among the best cheap handheld GPS, we have selected the Garmin ETrex 10 model.
You are in the middle of the mountain, trying to locate yourself and neither the wind nor the rain let you see your plans and maps well, forget about those setbacks, this GPS will allow you to enjoy the walk or the practice of sports without having to be aware of the maps
All the information you need on its compact screen: location, terrain, difficulty, etc. Imagine how easy it will be without having to carry the maps or enter the coordinates by hand.
As it tracks both the GPS satellites and those of the Russian Federation GLONASS you will be able to locate yourself more quickly.
In addition, you do not require different GPS for different activities, with this device you just have to choose the profile, and in a simple way, you can go from the configuration for a walk to the one necessary to go by car.
And to finish, we have a good option to buy among the cheapest portable GPS from Garmin’s Etrex 10:
- Resistance: this GPS model stands out for its high level of resistance designed to withstand shocks, falls, high temperatures, and even water, so you can use it with complete peace of mind during your excursions and walks.
- Weight: another notable feature is that it weighs just 310 grams, so its transport will be a simple task and will require practically no effort.
- Incompatibility: one of the most popular complaints among users who use it is the fact that it is not compatible with relief maps, so it can only be used as a coordinate indicator without cartography.
- Screen: its 2.2” screen is black and white, so you must place it at the correct angle to be able to clearly see the information provided.
Leave a Reply