Packing for a trip of leisure is stressful, but packing for a business trip is a whole other ball game. Forgetting just one item can make or break the success of your trip. Without your laptop, you might not be able to work. Without your business attire, you might not be able to attend a meeting, and so on.
Keep reading for a full business trip packing list, including items that are commonly left behind.
When packing for a trip, many people remember toiletry essentials like soap and a toothbrush but forget other equally important items like cotton swabs and hair ties.
Here is a full list of toiletry items to add to your luggage.
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash
- Hair spray or gel
- Makeup and makeup remover
- Cotton swabs
- Over-the-counter pain relievers
- Prescribed medications
- Cologne or Perfume
- Sunscreen and bug repellant
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Breath Mints
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shaving kit
- Hand sanitizer
- Hairbrush and hair ties
- Face masks
Items like deodorant, breath mints, face masks, sanitizer, and chapstick are great to have in your purse or briefcase in case you need them before a meeting.
Selecting your outfits for a trip is always one of the hardest parts of packing. To ensure you cover all bases, pack the following:
- Business attire for each day you will be away plus an extra business outfit.
- Pajamas for each night.
- Extra socks and undergarments
- Business professional shoes and athletic shoes that are climate appropriate.
- A sweater or jacket
- Coat, hat, and gloves
- Gym clothes
While packing socks and shoes, keep style and length in mind. Make sure they look good together and with your outfits.
Reading Suggestion: Puppy Hachi Infinite M1 Projector
Electronics and Work Equipment
Without your electronics and business equipment, getting any work done may be difficult. Unfortunately, many business travelers forget at least one essential so be sure to add the following to your list.
- Portable charger
- Folders, work files, and briefcase
- Budget information
- Remote work key fob
- GPS tracking device for luggage and electronics
If your line of work requires industry-specific tools or equipment, be sure to make a separate list of those items.
Reading Suggestion: Carbon Fiber Welding Hood
Important documents are some of the most crucial items to be in your suitcase. Without items like a passport, identification card, or plane tickets, you likely won’t get too far.
Here are some important documents to add to your packing list.
- Business ID
- Corporate/travel credit card
- Personal bank cards
- Emergency contacts list
- Travel tickets
- Drivers license/state ID
- Vaccination documents
- Medical Insurance card
- Booking information/ confirmation numbers
If traveling out of the country, you may also need to bring local currency and a travel visa.
Reading Suggestion: Sword Burst 5E
Packing For the Unexpected
Showing up to your hotel and finding out that your room is not available, or getting ready to board a plane just to find out your flight has been delayed are unfortunate, but common situations.
Unexpected weather changes spill on clothing, and lost wireless signals are also common mishaps that can interfere with business plans.
Consider packing the following items to make these situations go smoothly.
- Travel insurance information- In the case of a reservation error or overbooking, your travel insurance agent can cover the associated costs.
- Wifi hotspot- A wireless hotspot will allow you to get work done and connect to others while waiting for your flight or booking.
- Tide to go pen- If you get a stain on your work attire right before a meeting, a tide to go pen will make it unnoticeable in minutes. Having a sewing kit on hand can also be helpful in case of clothing tears.
- Raincoat and Sweater- If the weather takes an unexpected turn, a raincoat or sweater will come in handy.
- Travel Pillow- A travel pillow not only helps you stay comfortable during a long plane ride but during a long flight delay as well.
- Safety tools- Traveling to an unfamiliar location can be unsettling. Having pepper spray, a personal GPS tracker, and a pocket knife can help you feel secure while out.
Packing for a business trip can be stressful because leaving just one item behind can put your trip in jeopardy.
When packing, remember toiletry items that you use every day, extra business and casual attire, electronics and their chargers, important documents, and items that help in a sticky situation such as a tide to go pen for stains or a sweater for chilly weather.
If you struggle with creating a packing list, bookmark this page and use it for reference.
Leave a Reply