The coronavirus dominates the news and communication on all social media. So that the ceiling doesn’t literally fall on your head at home, we have put together tips and ideas for you on how you can spend the time in the Covid-19 quarantine.
Explore these tips and ideas on how to spend time in the COVID-19 quarantine.
Due to the current covid situation, we have to be busier at home. How about some sewing? A simple fabric mask is relatively easy to sew yourself.
What You Will Need To Make Your Own Fabric Mask
- Boil-proof, breathable cotton fabric
- 17 cm x 34 cm large cloth
- Two 90 cm long and 2 cm wide strips of fabric
- A 15 cm long flexible wire for fastening
- sewing machine
Reading Suggestion: The Best Sewing Machine 2022
Sewing Instructions For Reusable Fabric Mask
- Cut a 34 cm x 17 cm rectangle from the fabric. The mask will later be made from this material.
- Fold the fabric in the middle to an area of 17 cm x 17 cm so that the fabric lies twice.
- Draw a small space above and below the fabric. The so-called quilting seam will be sewn there later. (Quilting seam = the fabric will later be folded over at the drawn edge and sewn to the rest of the fabric).
- Take the drawn seam edge above the fabric to hand. Place the 15 cm long wire for edge reinforcement here.
- Fold the fabric over at the edge with the wire. Sew on the topstitched seam.
- Now you need a sewing pattern.
- Transfer these 6 lines onto your fabric.
- On the lines just drawn in, fold the fabric on the left and right into folds. There you sew over the fabric once to hold the folds in place.
- Now reinforce the stitching that has been drawn on the fabric. To do this, fold the fabric over at the edge and fasten it with a seam.
- Now take the two 90 cm x 2 cm strips of fabric used as ribbons. Fold the fabric strips in the middle so that they are only 1 cm wide.
- Now only sew the two ribbons in the middle over the fixed folds on the left and right.
- Your self-sewn fabric mask is ready!
2. Try Out New Cooking Recipes
I don’t know about you, but somehow I keep cooking the same dishes. Use the time to try something new. Take your cookbooks to hand and browse through the pages at your leisure. Pick a few dishes that you feel like eating. Write a shopping list and off you go. With this in mind: Bon appetit!
3. Decorate Your Home
Make yourself beautiful! Go through the individual rooms and see what is missing to conjure up a little more coziness in your home. Maybe it’s a picture, a vase or a nice spring-like tablecloth. Window pictures or plants also let an apartment shine like new. Decorate freely as you wish!
It is not easy to maintain social contacts in times of covid. Just pick up your phone again and make a call. Call your family, friends, and work colleagues. You will see that if you can share your worries but also your joys, it often works wonders!
5. Read A Good Book
Take a good book to hand, brew a cup of tea or coffee, and relax while reading on the couch or in a deck chair on the balcony or in the garden.
Another thing that will give you other thoughts is vacation brochures or books. Even if we can’t travel at the moment, we can use our imagination to reach our dream holiday destinations. And at some point, you’ll be able to book Jumby Bay Island Antigua hotel, and then your dream will surely come true!
6. Bathtub Wellness
How about a bit of wellness vacation at home? Make yourself comfortable in the bathtub! Maybe you can still find a bubble bath in the closet or a face mask. Then cuddle up in the bathrobe and put your feet up.
7. Puzzles, Card Games, Painting
These are things that unfortunately often come up short in our everyday lives. Get creative again! It can be wonderfully relaxing to devote yourself to a puzzle. You can do that alone, but also in company. It is the same with painting.
You will quickly notice how your mind can relax and you can create something beautiful and new. There are also many games that can be played, both card games and online games. Nowadays, you can even play an online fun game for money, therefore entertaining yourself whilst earning cash – a win all around!
8. Watch Movies And Listen To Music
Now is the time to watch TV without a guilty conscience. Maybe you still have movies at home that you’ve wanted to see for a long time, but have not managed to just yet, or have been checking out sites like hellhorror.com for inspiration for your next scary movie marathon. Either way, if you’ve got a list of movies or shows you’ve been wanting to see for ages, now is the right time! There are also fantastic documentaries about vacation countries to give you some ideas for when you are able to travel again. It’s always worth a look!
And then I can only recommend you listen to music. Radio, CDs, anything you like. That puts you in a good mood and you don’t feel alone.
Finally, there is movement. Take care of your health and your body. Do exercise regularly. This is also very easy at home, in the living room, or on the balcony. No matter what you want to do, keep moving!
10. Prepare Your Garden And Balcony For Spring
Use the time and tidy up outside. If you have a garden, prepare it for spring. Clean your garden furniture. Get the outside decoration out of the boxes or treat yourself to something new. Make yourself at home and enjoy yourself!
Finally, I would like to recommend one more thing to you: If you have been spending so much time at home, then just relax! Use the time for things that are neglected in everyday life. Make the most of the corona quarantine and don’t lose confidence!