The Best Baby Costumes – Opinions 2022
Below we present a selection of outstanding products such as the best baby costumes of 2022, made from the characteristics of each model and the respective evaluation that other users have given of these products, for this reason, we invite you to know our options to dress up your baby and be the center of attention at parties.
1. My Other Me Me-205058 Baby Devil Costume
A classic devil is an infallible option when you are looking for a Halloween costume for babies because we all like that duality of the mischievous red angel with the tenderness of babies.
This My Other Me model has been made of polyester and can be dry cleaned if it gets dirty. The costume consists of a jacket with sleeves and wings that are fastened with Velcro.
In the same way, the hat with the horns gives a more fun touch to the costume accompanied by the black tail. It is for all these characteristics that the 203261 models have been described by some users as the best baby costume, in addition to being one of the cheapest, fulfilling its function without affecting your budget.
Regarding the size of this costume, it is available in sizes M and L for babies from 7 to 12 months and from 1 to 2 years, respectively.
For some users, this is the best baby costume of the moment, that’s why we summarize its characteristics below.
- Size: You can choose this model in two sizes: M for babies from 7 to 12 months and L for children from 1 to 2 years.
- Accessories: Wings and horned hats are included to complete the devil look.
- Washing: Being made of polyester, this suit can be dry cleaned to maintain its structure.
- Unisex: This model can be considered unisex, so it doesn’t matter if it’s a girl or a boy, the baby will look very mischievous with this costume.
- Feet: A non-slip base is missing on the feet of the suit, so babies can feel more secure if they are learning to walk
2. BabyPreg Girls Halloween Dress
If you don’t like the traditional baby pumpkin costume that makes your little one look like fruit with feet, we recommend this model of a tutu dress, very pretty for girls and with an evil pumpkin embroidery on the front.
The BabyPreg costume is ideal for Halloween because it has classic black, purple, and orange colors, plus the tutu detail on the edge of the dress gives the outfit a very feminine look.
For their part, the included accessories fully complement the costume, since they are the slippers, the stockings, and a matching headband that will give the girl a more delicate style, and maybe the best option when you are looking for the best costume for a baby.
Consequently, this model has important features that we summarize in the following list of pros and cons.
- Materials: The costume is made of cotton, nylon, and satin, so it’s comfortable for baby girls, not hot, and the color scheme is pretty.
- Placement: The costume is easily put on because it is a short-sleeved bodysuit and the lower buttons make it easier to change the diaper, if necessary.
- Accessories: The accessories included and matching the colors of the tutu dress give the outfit a more delicate touch since the shoes and the headband are very pretty.
- Size: The size of this costume can vary from one baby to another, and even if size is ordered according to the child’s age, it does not always fit as expected.
3. Rubies Lion Costume
In any school parade or carnival, the theme of wild animals is always present, so for a boy or girl, you can buy a lion costume for babies like this Rubies model that is very funny, with beautiful details and totally unisex.
The costume is made up of a jumpsuit, hat, and slip-resistant booties, ideal for little ones from 1 to 2 years of age, who are already more active and independent when walking. The material, for its part, is polyester with a very soft touch finish and the quality is good, according to users, while the price corresponds to the product received.
On the other hand, the easy opening allows a quick donning of the costume or a diaper change without difficulty. As a general recommendation, the hair of the hat should be combed to recreate the effect of the mane every time the little one wears the costume.
Now we invite you to read the positive and negative aspects that we distinguish in this product so that it is easier for you to make your choice.
- Finish: The making of the costume has a good finish in each of its parts to give a fun and comfortable appearance.
- Design: The costume is easily put on thanks to the opening system that also allows for comfortable diaper changes.
- Size: This model is available in an appropriate size for babies from 1 to 2 years old, and can be used for carnivals, Halloween, and some events in the nursery.
- Hood: In some cases, the hood has been too small for babies, but parents have solved this defect by placing a longer Velcro strap.
The good: This costume has the most traditional image of the Christmas elf, with all the details. Among them, we have the suit, the hat and also the footwear. All the elements are comfortable and have a very interesting color.
The bad: Although the sizes are correct, the hat can run slightly larger than is desirable for optimal fit, although this is also easy to solve.
Verdict: A typical Christmas costume with which to turn your baby into a pretty elf, with all its details.
5. Lito Angels Minnie Mouse Costume for Girls
The good: This fun Minnie Mouse costume includes all the necessary elements for any baby to become the most famous mouse on television. In addition, its wide range of sizes makes it easy to find the most suitable for such a task.
The bad: The fabric with which it is made is rather thin, so it is recommended that the baby wear some type of garment underneath, especially in cooler times.
Verdict: A classic costume with a very fun design that is also comfortable for the baby and very easy to put on.
6. Polp Costume Halloween Girl Unisex Bat Jumpsuits
Valued by users as the best value for money baby costume, we have this Polp model made of cotton with a soft and breathable finish that is very comfortable for little ones.
This bat costume for babies stands out for its simplicity and well-cared details since it is made up of a long-sleeved black romper and the complement of wings that can be seen when the baby extends his arms. It also includes a fun hat with ears to complete the bat costume.
With regard to donning, this costume is easy to put on and hassle-free adjustment thanks to the snap fasteners in the leg area, an aspect that also facilitates diaper changes.
This Polp model is one of the cheapest in our selection, and its positive aspects outweigh the negatives, thus representing a good purchase to dress up your baby.
- Comfort: The costume is comfortable because it is made of cotton and has a romper design, so the baby can crawl and move comfortably while wearing it.
- Design: It is a unisex suit, made in black with some white and gray details, so it works well for girls or boys.
- Price: This model has the lowest value on this list without this meaning that it is of poor quality since it is made with resistant fabric and includes nice accessories to compliment the design.
- Sizes: You can only buy this product in two sizes: for babies 0-6 months and 12-18 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How To Use A Baby Costume?
Nowadays there are models of costumes for babies that are so versatile and casual that they can even be used to go to any party, without having to be themed. Others are fleece or cotton onesies that can be very convenient as pajamas for the cold, comfortable clothes for traveling by plane or other transportation because the baby will be protected and it allows for easy diaper changes.
Q2: How To Make A Baby Costume?
If crafts are your forte, we are sure that your creativity, a hot glue gun, needle, and thread will be enough for you to reuse the baby’s clothes, compliment them with some accessories and create a very original costume for the little one.
Reading suggestions; The Best Baby Clothes
In this sense, the colored bodysuits that we buy to dress the baby on a daily basis are the perfect allies to recreate an inexpensive, original, and very pretty costume. For example, a white, blue or pink body would only need a ball of wool on the back and an oval piece of fabric in skin color or gray to make a cute rabbit costume.
In addition, with a cotton hat that matches the body, you can make the head of the costume, placing a pair of ears made with EVA rubber that has a plush effect and sticking them with silicone to the fabric or, if you prefer, you can also sew them.
As simple as this, on the Internet, you will find plenty of ideas, video tutorials, and patterns on how to make baby costumes with materials that you already have at home, which will be cheap and fun for you.
Q3: How To Clean A Baby Costume?
Reviewing the manufacturer’s instructions will be the first step before washing the baby’s costume since we know that it will surely end up stained, so read the washing instructions on the label and proceed to clean it. You must be very careful, as there are models that only allow dry cleaning or hand washing. Others made of more resistant fabrics can be machine washed, but be careful not to mix them with clothes of different colors that can fade and stain the costume.
Q4: What Should A Safe Baby Costume Look Like?
First of all, it must be comfortable, with a comfortable and secure placement system, large zippers, snap buttons, or a Velcro strap for adjustment. It’s best if the costume doesn’t have small choking hazard accessories.
In addition, it must be made of a breathable and soft fabric that does not irritate the baby’s skin. In the case of making a homemade costume, plastic bags should never be used to make a ghost costume, for example.
In the case of rompers for babies older than 12 months, it is recommended that they have non-slip feet so that the little one can walk more safely.
Q5: When Can We Wear A Baby Costume?
A theme party can be the perfect excuse to dress up a baby, as well as the monthly photo sessions that have become very popular for parents who want to keep track of how their baby grows each month until their first birthday. Thus, each session can be carried out with a different theme, prepare a simple scenario and dress up the baby so that it stands out as the protagonist in the scene.