Breast cancer has become a common illness amongst women. Breast cancer affects not only women but, in some cases, men as well. Breast cancer may originate in the breasts or in other body parts and spread to the breast.
Receiving treatment for cancer for previous types of cancer can also cause breast cancer in patients. It has become top cancer diagnosed in women and one of the most common cancers in totality, next to lung and colon cancer.
The cancer hospital in Delhi is known for its top-rated Oncologists and specialized teams who are adept at treating breast cancer and has helped thousands of women to recover from this deadly disease successfully.
A good cancer hospital must have an efficient and advanced cancer treatment team and the best of the latest medical equipment and medicines that help cancer patients battle fatal diseases.
Breast Cancer Treatment
Women or patients who have been diagnosed with breast cancer often have a high chance of battling cancer and recovering from it successfully, thanks to the advanced research that has gone into it and the treatment methods that have been derived from it.
Breast cancer treatment is now done using a variety of methods such as cancer removal surgeries, chemotherapy, radiation therapy etc. All of these methods are combined in a synchronized manner to effectively remove any traces of cancerous cells in the body and help patients recover successfully.
Reading Suggestion: Cord Blood Banking Benefits
Breast cancer is usually diagnosed using mammograms and biopsies. A Mammogram is a specialized scanning technique that scans the muscles in the chest area and provides a 3D view of any cancerous formations present in it.
A biopsy study of the tissues removed from this tumor is then studied to help understand and diagnose cancer better. Once the cancer details are established, the Oncologists at the cancer hospital in Delhi would first explain the treatment methodology to the patients and then carry on the procedure, which includes surgery, chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy.
Do’s and Don’ts after Surgery
Once the cancer surgery is performed, the patient has to undergo other treatments to ensure that all cancerous cells, even at the microscopic level, are completely removed before one can go home.
Any remaining cancerous cells can again cause cancer of other or the same body parts if they are not treated and removed. This is achieved by providing chemo or radiation therapy at the best cancer hospital in Delhi.
There are some do’s and don’ts for patients who have just undergone breast cancer surgery. Below is a list of such conditions:
- DO take plenty of rest to aid in recovery
- DO NOT try to rush the treatment in order to go home
- DO take healthy foods that are soft and easy to digest and with plenty of fiber
- DO NOT consume heavily spiced food or oily food, which can cause problems in the body
- DO be positive about the treatment and do activities that increase positivity
- DO NOT involve in negative thoughts or encourage negative emotions around the patient
- DO take care of the incision site and help the breasts recover faster
- DO NOT get the incisions wet and strain the area
- DO involve in simple arm and chest exercises after a few days or a week post surgery
- DO NOT consume painkillers to deal with the pain for too long