Do you know that? You have bananas and they brown too quickly. I have to say that I prefer to eat bananas when they are still nice and yellow. But when the bananas get brown and a little mushy, you can also make great things out of them. For example banana bread! It’s so delicious and, if you’re honest, much more of a cake than bread.
I recently baked banana bread for mom and dad. We ate it for breakfast with the whole family on the weekend. Everyone was enthusiastic and we plastered it off very quickly. Even my big brother Torben thought it was delicious. And that’s always very peculiar when it comes to food.
Delicious and also made easy
And because the banana bread is not only delicious, but also easy to make, I wanted to give you the recipe for it. Maybe you want to bake it up and make your parents happy, or you just do it for yourself, which is of course not bad either.
There are so many different recipes for banana bread, depending on how you want it. I like it best with chocolate, so I’ll tell you my favorite recipe here!
Toni and I have already shown you recipes for children’s cocktails . There is also something with banana. But back to the banana bread:
- 3 ripe bananas (the ripe the bananas, the sweeter the bread will be)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (You can also use something else to sweeten it. For example a little sugar. But not much.)
- 250 g flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 packet of baking powder
- Chocolate drops (to taste)
- First you have to preheat the oven. I always do this at 170 degrees, top and bottom heat. This is usually the symbol with the two lines above and below, but it’s best to just ask your parents if you’re not sure.
- Then you mash the bananas with a fork in a large bowl until they are completely mushy. You can put the eggs in the bowl immediately afterwards and mix everything into a banana pulp.
- If that went well, all the other ingredients are now added and mixed together. But keep a handful of the chocolate drops that you can use as a topping on the bread before it goes into the oven. Then you have a few chocolate drops in the bread and a few on top – it’s even tastier that way!
- The dough is already ready. Now you need a cake pan, preferably an angular box pan, which you will definitely find somewhere in your kitchen. You can grease the pan with a little butter or oil, so you can get the bread out of the pan well in the end.
- Now just put the dough in the mold, spread the remaining chocolate drops on top and put in the oven for 45 minutes! The best thing to do is to set up a stopwatch so that you know exactly when the banana bread can be taken out again. Otherwise it will burn you up, that would be a shame. When the time is up, take it out and let it cool for a few minutes until you take it out of the mold.
and that’s it. It’s really delicious, I’ll tell you! And also tastes really good with a chocolate spread.