We have all been dreaming of long, cozy and cozy summer evenings outdoors since the first warm spring days. Read about this in my tips. This is how I design my vacation at home
With delicious food and drinks, maybe relaxed music and this very special atmosphere. Since we will probably be spending more time at home this summer than in previous years, this is the perfect time to think about the summer in your own four walls . How can I reinvent my home from scratch? How can I upgrade my outdoor area ? How can I create my own little vacation paradise at home ? Read about this in my tips about the things you need to consider for an unforgettable holiday at home. Have fun while reading!
How do I create a cozy get-together at home without planning becoming stressful?
It might sound trite, but it really helps to keep track of things. Make yourself a checklist early on ! The most important “basics” should be recorded on it:
- What do I do to eat and what do I offer to drink ?
- How should the food be prepared or presented?
- What do I need to prepare the garden / terrace / balcony?
- What to do in bad weather
Once you understand these fundamental questions, the rest is actually a breeze for you.
Which recipes are particularly suitable for your vacation at home?
Sure, the classics always work, they are universally popular and it’s hard to get by without them. But does it really always have to be bratwurst and potato salad or neck steak and pasta salad? I would like to make my new, culinary ideas for your barbecue evening tasty.
Go other ways. Create a vegetarian line in your barbecue. Grilled vegetables, especially corn on the cob, tomatoes or aubergines, as well as grilled cheese or sheep’s cheese, taste fantastic! If you like, you can also put the whole evening under a veggie theme. Lighter, e.g. B. Mediterranean, enjoyment in the warm season. A little tip, if you plan to do this: Let your guests know in advance so that no one is negatively surprised. Less hearty and still “meaty” is guaranteed to be well received, fish and chicken or turkey meat are the best choices here.
You can find even more delicious holiday recipes here: This is how holidays taste: the best recipes for your vacation .
Which dishes are not suitable at all?
It goes without saying that barbecuing can be innovative and sometimes experimental, but there are a few culinary no-gos on warm summer days that I strongly advise against.
- Fish – at least in raw form! Fish freshly prepared on the grill is of course not a problem, but you should keep your hands off the sushi roll or the tuna salad in summer (and then outside).
- In general, all dishes that become unsightly over time under the influence of higher temperatures, such as B. Most leaf salads or (after) dishes with a high proportion of cream or quark.
- Speaking of dessert: For a nice summer grill buffet, I would also do without a dessert that you have to refrigerate all the time. The dessert should be fresh and tasty and not leave stains on clothes from melting.
How do I bring new momentum to my vacation at home?
Music can be the key. Either you switch on your radio or the music system and sing along loudly. Maybe someone in your family even plays an instrument? Playing the guitar and singing brings joy and confidence.
How about a surprise cocktail?
A freshly mixed cocktail is the ideal summer drink. Whether with or without alcohol, whether fruity or tangy, everyone quickly gets the (refreshing) taste here. There are hardly any limits to your imagination when mixing …
More ideas for your summer at home
A beautiful summer day in the garden with food, drink and music is of course a wonderful highlight for you and your family. But what ideas are there for my summer and vacation at home?
- Muck out again ! Wardrobe, kitchen, study and children’s room, cellar, but also the garden, terrace and balcony can all use a “detox” treatment. Make space for new ideas, new fashion and new design trends!
- More space for fresh accents . After mucking out and tidying up, there is room for something new. How about B. with new seating or a comfortable relaxation lounger for the outside area?
- Take care of your plants ! Many of them need special care and attention during the warm summer days!
- Thoroughly free your favorite beds and planters from weeds – working in the fresh air is fun, provides a balance and meanwhile you can also have a wonderful chat with the neighbors (over the fence, the hedge or from balcony to balcony). If you feel like bringing a breath of fresh air into the garden, you can take a look at our garden design tips and ideas and find inspiration there.
- And if the summer weather takes a break? You can also enjoy the summer wonderfully indoors: decorate your apartment or house in a completely new way!
- Or laze around to your heart’s content in between! Without any travel stress or deadline pressure, you can simply spend the most beautiful days of the year relaxed at home …
If you feel like bringing a breath of fresh air into the garden, you can take a look at our garden design tips and ideas as well as the garden furniture trends and find inspiration there.