Which shoe size is right for me? How do you Measure your shoe width? How big is shoe width F? You have the questions and we have the answers.
How about your shoe knowledge? If we are asked about our shoe SIZE, each of us will probably be able to answer without thinking. But do you also know your shoe WIDTH or the circumference of the ball of the foot? Or do you know how to measure them quickly and easily … Don’t worry about the perfect fit with our fit advisor!
Nothing is worse than a gorgeous pair of shoes, for example a lace-up shoe , slippers or winter boots, that we cannot wear and have to banish to the back corner of the closet, because although it is the right shoe length, the shoe width just doesn’t want to fit our feet . Here is a little advice with tips, tricks and tricks so that you don’t have to experience any nasty surprises when buying shoes in the future .
1. What does shoe size mean?
Please do not confuse the shoe width with the foot width, foot length or the width of the shoe! Rather, it describes the circumference measured at the widest part of the foot . There are, for example, shoe size G, shoe size H, shoe size K, shoe size M and many more.
2. How do you measure the shoe width? What is my shoe size?
- To measure your shoe width, initially stand upright without shoes or socks .
- Place your feet parallel to each other so that your body weight is evenly distributed on both legs.
- Now place a tape measure (without cutting into the skin) around the ball of the foot , at the level of the ball of the small toe and the ball of the big toe. This also allows you to determine the circumference of your ball of the foot .
- A little tip for measuring your shoe width: Have someone else measure your foot, this will allow you to stand upright and the measurement will be even more accurate.
3. What different shoe widths are there?
The shoe widths are assigned the letters of the alphabet in ascending order. The most common for women are the widths F to K. The special widths include the widths K, L and M.
- Shoe width F : Shoe width F corresponds to the normal width. Shoes with shoe width F are particularly suitable for narrow, rather delicate feet.
- Shoe size G : Shoe size G corresponds to the comfort size and is suitable for feet of normal width.
- Shoe Width H : The shoe width H stands for extra comfort and refers to a rather larger shoe width.
- Shoe width J : The shoe width J is suitable for slightly wider feet with “oversize” and is also one of the comfort widths.
- Shoe size K : Shoe size K is a special size and is suitable for rather wide feet.
- Shoe size L : The shoe size L is a special size and suitable for sensitive, bandaged feet.
- Shoe size M : The shoe size L is a special size and suitable for extremely wide feet.
4. Which shoe widths are for “normal”, “strong” or “very strong” feet?
Normal to narrow feet , the “normal range” have F . Normal, stronger feet the “comfort range” G . The “Easy Opening” for wider feet is the width H . The “Easy Opening” for feet ” over size” is J . Finally, among the most popular women’s shoe sizes there is a “special size” with the letter K.
5. Which shoe width letter does the measured width correspond to?
What does shoe width mean? How big is shoe width F? How wide is shoe width G? What is a strong or very strong foot? The shoe width classification also depends on your shoe size . Do you have e.g. B. Shoe size 38 and you measured a shoe width of 22.2 cm, a normal width F is right for you. If you measured 22.9 cm with the same shoe size, then round it up to 23. So you would need a shoe with the comfort width G. If you measured 23.5 cm with the same shoe size, I recommend the comfort width H. If the result of your measurement (for shoe size 38) was 23.9 cm, then round it to 24 cm and on your next shopping tour.
The width K is exactly the right one for you, if you z. B. measured 24.6 cm. Please refer to our size table for women’s and men’s shoes (shoe size table) or shoe size table for your personal, exactly correct shoe width, depending on your shoe size.
A little tip: If you only know your German shoe size, but would like to order shoes in English dimensions (sizes 3–10 are most common for women), take a look at your current main catalog.
6. How do I find the right shoe for me?
First of all: don’t panic! you are guaranteed to find what you are looking for, even with stronger feet! – Our huge range includes the very latest sandals, mules, sneakers or even slippers and trendy comfort shoes and comfortable women’s shoes for almost every shoe width. You can find them online at any time or in your main catalog on the pages labeled “ Comfort shoes ”. The most common “oversize” are represented there with G and H for the stronger foot and K for the particularly strong foot.
7. How do I find a stylish shoe even with size 35?
Again, I can reassure you. Unlike many other suppliers, we always carry stylish and fashionable shoes in size 35 . It’s best to see for yourself … But always make sure that your toes have enough air. The topic of children’s shoes and children’s feet is treated differently.
8. Measure shoe width for boots or ankle boots
In short, even with stronger feet and stockier legs, you don’t have to do without the fascinating shoe trends of autumn and winter.
Regardless of whether you live on strong or narrow feet, whether on small or large – I hope that I was able to help you with my tips on measuring shoe width, so that your next shoe purchase will be pure pleasure. Remember: life is too good for aching feet!